[Samba] New Wiki HowTo: Restoring deleted AD objects

Marc Muehlfeld samba at marc-muehlfeld.de
Sun Jan 26 23:52:48 MST 2014

Hello,

after 2 month of being offline, I finally got a working internet
connection again and can announce myself back to continue working on
HowTos in the Wiki. :-)

During the last time, I did a lot of research about the possibilities
and limitations of restoring deleted objects in a Samba AD. I think it
is a very helpfull topic for administrators. The results I wrote down in
a new HowTo:

https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Restoring_deleted_AD_objects

During reading you will discover, that Samba doesn't provide the
capabilities yet, you may know from Windows. I mentioned the pitfalls in
a 'known issues' section and of course I've reported the
incompatibilities/bugs (#10371 and #10403)

Out of this HowTo a small second one has been risen:
https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Raising_the_functional_levels
(Also found a problem here, when raising the levels from Windows: #10360)

Any kind of feedback is welcome. :-)

Regards,
Marc