[Samba] Configuring RHEL6 Samba4 DC for local accounts

Paul R. Ganci ganci at nurdog.com
Sun Jan 26 19:53:02 MST 2014

On 01/26/2014 03:27 PM, Rowland Penny wrote:
> Is your DC really called ad.example.com or is it
> hostname.ad.example.com? either way I do not think your sssd.conf is
> going to work, also is there any chance you can update sssd to the
> latest 1.11 series?

This is exactly the exercise I tried (see the thread begun on
10/22/2013: User home directory UID:GID incorrect on VM Samba 4 AD). I
was trying to get SSSD on a CentOS 6.4 system to work with the Sernet
samba packages. While I had no install issues and with a lot of agony
kind of got things like client logon authentication to work there were
other things that broke (which will be broke in RHEL 6 too). I tried to
compile the latest version of SSSD but there are just too many
dependencies of required code that is too old that it is impossible IMHO
to get a recent version of SSSD to compile (at least not without
upgrading significant pieces of the disto). That is why I stuck with
winbind. That seemed to work with the old but stable software found on
CentOS 6.4 (RHEL 6 clone). I would be very interested to know if anyone
successfully compiled SSSD on RHEL 6 (or RHEL 6 clone) and/or ever got
SSSD to work with the Sernet Samba packages on RHEL 6 (or RHEL 6 clone).

--
Paul (ganci at nurdog.com)