[Samba] Configuring RHEL6 Samba4 DC for local accounts

Michael Brown michael at netdirect.ca
Sun Jan 26 08:44:09 MST 2014

On 2014-01-26 07:41 AM, Rowland Penny wrote:
 > On 26/01/14 10:15, Marc Muehlfeld wrote:
 > > What's wrong with winbind and SSSD?
 > Nothing Usually, but in this instance, I think he is referring to
winbind on a samba 4 AD server and as is well known, it does not pull
all the rfc2307 attributes.
Yes, sorry, I thought I was clear about being on the DC trying to
configure this.

 > As for the sernet packages, it would seem that sssd will not install
due to a packaging problem. For debian based distros, this will not be a
problem in future, unstable now has samba 4.1.4 which will allow sssd to
install.
Oh! Is this all the problem is? My takeaway from all the times people
mentioned "sssd and sernet don't work together" was that there was some
sort of technical problem preventing them from working together, not a
packaging problem.

Well bollocks, I'll just configure sssd then. It seems to be the Nice
way of doing things, yes?

M.

--
Michael Brown               | `One of the main causes of the fall of
Systems Consultant          | the Roman Empire was that, lacking zero,