[Samba] Samba Xattr and Execute Bit always set.

steve steve at steve-ss.com
Sun Jan 26 06:35:52 MST 2014

On Sat, 2014-01-25 at 10:12 +0100, Prunk Dump wrote:
> permissions/modes.
>
> So what is the usage of the unixACL x bit on the  samba's posix/xattr
> <--> ntacl mapping ?
>
> And if it is not used, why a can't force samba to disable this x bit
> on new files to obtain perfect UNIX compatibility ?

Hi Baptiste
You _are_ getting as perfect-as-the devs-can-get perfect unix
compatibility given the limitations of the mapping impossibility between
the file systems.

I don't think you'll get a specific answer here. I know of only one dev
who could answer. You could try on samba-technical and you _may_ get a
response. A subject such as, 'unix acl <-> ntacl mapping not working'
may just get a bite.
HTH
Steve