[Samba] gpfs + sernet samba + ctdb + transparent failover confusion

Sabuj Pattanayek sabujp at gmail.com
Thu Jan 23 15:54:35 MST 2014

After looking at this :

http://www.samba.org/~tridge/ctdb.pdf

It looks like this was working a long time ago with ctdb, winxp as a client
and without the need for protocol SMBv2 or even protocol v3.1 . So I'm
wondering if "disable that node" as mentioned in the pdf means "service
ctdb stop" or loss of network connection and not "mmshutdown" which yanks
the FS from underneath ctdb/samba? I'll give it a shot.