[Samba] Joining Windows Server 2012 to a Samba 3.5 or 3.6 domain

Gaiseric Vandal gaiseric.vandal at gmail.com
Thu Jan 23 15:47:05 MST 2014

I upgraded the PDC to samba 3.6.20 from 3.5.10.   I am now able to join
Win 2012R2 to my samba domain.

However, it did break something with my trusted domain.  I have a domain
trust with a Win 2003 AD domain.    IDmapping is in ldap. (in fact I
manually create the entries to make sure they correct UID range is
used.)    "wbinfo -u" lists users from both the trusted and local
domains.    "wbinfo -n" and "wbinfo -S" verify that a unix uid has been
assigned to the user.   But "getent passwd TRUSTEDDOMAIN\someuser"
returns nothing.    I suspect something is cached and the cached entry
has been flagged as expired.

thanks