[Samba] Samba Xattr and Execute Bit always set.

Gary Greene ggreene at minervanetworks.com
Wed Jan 22 14:15:21 MST 2014

Unfortunately, Nautilus (from what I recall) doesn’t handle POSIX ACLs correctly. In KDE, we finally got kio_file (the backend to Dolphin and Konqueror in file manager mode) to treat this correctly.

Also note, in a POSIX ACL environment, I strongly recommend NOT using the GNU chmod command, and instead use setfacl command instead to properly manage ACLs. Even though chmod is patched these days to “deal” with ACLs, setfacl does a better job of doing ACL manipulation.

--
Gary L. Greene, Jr.
Sr. Systems Administrator