[Samba] 2 factor authentication with samba

Sven Schwedas sven.schwedas at tao.at
Wed Jan 22 03:18:56 MST 2014

Hi,

On 2014-01-22 10:57, Christian wrote:
> Hi,
>
> has anyone experience using 2 factor auth with samba?
> I just search for a stable/production ready solution, preferred with otp
> dongles.
>
> I have searched through the list archives but couldn't find anything
> usable.
> Google just gave me some links to Univention Corporate Server with LinOTP.

We've been using UCS (albeit without LinOTP) for a few years, it's not
too bad. You might want to ask their support for details.

> Has anybody ever done such a setup with samba? And could give me any hints?

No idea. If all you need are file shares, any generic PAM-based solution
will work. Domain authentication needs explicit Samba support, however.

> Best Regards,
>
> Christian

Sven Schwedas
Systemadministrator
TAO Beratungs- und Management GmbH | Lendplatz 45 | A - 8020 Graz
Mail/XMPP: sven.schwedas at tao.at | +43 (0)680 301 7167
http://software.tao.at