[Samba] AD share not accessible

Benjamin Budts ben at zentrix.be
Mon Jan 20 02:15:26 MST 2014

Gents,

Could this be the reason I get a timeout while trying to run getent ? the AD
server +500 users and 100's of groups...

winbind enum users and groups should be used with caution in active
directories greater than 200 users or groups, as enumeration is an expensive
process and likely to timeout and cause login failures. during login, the
full passwd and group will be "enumerated" every time from your active
directory server. enumeration is not required for a successful login.