[Samba] samba 4.1.4 bind9 putrr: unhandled record type 0

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Mon Jan 20 02:01:03 MST 2014

In responce to..

Yes it did happen with 4.1.3 but only 2 messages every 10 minutes, now after 4.1.4 about 30 a second.
I did revert back to 4.1.3 but to bad it didnt work, now still about 30 messages a second.

>Or did you also change/enable some (tombstone) DNS Scavenging settings
>on the windows 2008R2 server in the meantime?
Order of what happend.
1 window server install ( with dns+dhcp )	( 3 years ago )
2 samba4 DC Join AD	( 1 months ago )
3 other samba4 DC Join AD ( 1 months ago )
4 enabled scavaging on the windows (3 weeks ago)
5 about 2 messages every 10 minutes.  ( as of join)
6 upgraded to 4.1.4, now 30 messages a sec. ( after upgrade )
7 reverted back, didnt works. ( last friday )
8 disabled scavaging again.  ( last friday )
9 looked at logs today, still the same.. :-(

>I'll try to get the same
>  named: samba b9_putrr: unhandled record type 0
>info logged here, too.
>
>I already locally modified dlz_bind9.c to get some additional
>info logged whether it happens during
>  dlz_addrdataset  or
>  dlz_subrdataset
>That tombstone record passes a NTTIME value ....
>Probably we need to take some action when that tombstone record
>is passed - atm it's ignored.

Message parts of : samba-tool drs showrepl
( tested from samba4server1 ( DC in AD)

==== INBOUND NEIGHBORS ====
DC=ForestDnsZones,DC=  ... etc
Default-First-Site-Name\WINDOWS SERVER
                Last attempt @ Mon Jan 20 09:44:12 2014 CET was successful
                0 consecutive failure(s).
                Last success @ Mon Jan 20 09:44:12 2014 CET

DC=ForestDnsZones,DC= ....
        Default-First-Site-Name\Samba4Server2 via RPC
                Last attempt @ Mon Jan 20 09:44:13 2014 CET failed, result 2 (WERR_BADFILE)
                791 consecutive failure(s).
                Last success @ Thu Jan 16 11:37:48 2014 CET

all samba 2 samba have result 2 (WERR_BADFILE)
all samba to windows result successfull

==== OUTBOUND NEIGHBORS ====
DC=ForestDnsZones,DC=......
  Default-First-Site-Name\samba4server2
               Last attempt @ Mon Jan 20 09:47:17 2014 CET failed, result 2 (WERR_BADFILE)
                47256 consecutive failure(s).
                Last success @ NTTIME(0)
DC=Mydomain ...
 Default-First-Site-Name\Windows server
                Last attempt @ Fri Jan 17 16:28:16 2014 CET was successful
                0 consecutive failure(s).
                Last success @ Fri Jan 17 16:28:16 2014 CET
DC=Mydomain ...
 Default-First-Site-Name\LinuxServer
                Last attempt @ Mon Jan 20 09:47:18 2014 CET failed, result 2 (WERR_BADFILE)
                47253 consecutive failure(s).
                Last success @ NTTIME(0)

and i noticed a change here.

==== KCC CONNECTION OBJECTS ====
                TransportType: RPC
Warning: No NC replicated for Connection!

Both windows and linux reported No NC replicated for connection... BUT  !!!
After the second join of my Samba4 DC, these messages were going.

Before the upgrade ==== KCC CONNECTION OBJECTS ====  reported everything OK.
Even the NC replicated message was going..