[Samba] AD share not accessible

Benjamin Budts ben at zentrix.be
Sun Jan 19 16:16:23 MST 2014

Hi,

Thx Steve for pointing out the overlapping range issue I had in my conf.

I changed the config, but still no success gentent passwd or getent groups
is only showing local users/groups after showing the local users, there
seems to be a timeout of 5 seconds and then back to shell.

Accessing my share with a group that is situated in the group Valid Users
isn't working either. No errors in smb or winbind log. (Although I get an
error output if I make a mistake in my users's password on purpose I see an
errorlog being created. as stated in my first post to the mailinglist) so
there seems to be some form of authentication although I can't find out how
to debug it

My /share has been remounted with ACL too

Any ideas ?

My new config
----

[global]
	workgroup = INTRANET
	realm = ISPPC.BE
	server string = %h
	security = ADS
	ntlm auth = No
	kerberos method = system keytab
	log file = /var/log/samba/log.%m
	max log size = 1024
	client signing = required
	server signing = required
	client use spnego = No
	load printers = No
	lm announce = No
	dns proxy = No
	ldap ssl = no
	template homedir = /dev/null
	template shell = /bin/true
	winbind separator = +
	winbind cache time = 5
	winbind enum users = Yes
	winbind enum groups = Yes
	winbind nss info = rfc2307
	winbind refresh tickets = Yes
	winbind offline logon = Yes
	winbind normalize names = Yes
	idmap config * : range = 1000000-1999999
	idmap config INTRANET:base_rid = 0
	idmap config INTRANET:range = 50000-59999
	idmap config INTRANET:read only = yes
	idmap config INTRANET:backend = rid
	idmap config * : backend = tdb
	invalid users = root