[Samba] classicupgrade error: User 'Administrator' does not have SID ending in 500

Michael Brown michael at netdirect.ca
Thu Jan 16 12:28:28 MST 2014

On 14-01-16 09:27 AM, Noël Köthe wrote:
> I did the same as you suggests and it worked. Deleted user root with SID
> -500 in LDAP and changed the -1000 in your case to -500 for the
> migration classicupgrade work fine for the Administrator.

Yep! I just did this on our production domain and it's working pretty
well so far.

Just one hiccup - I forgot to create the 'Old Administrator' user
*before* running the actual upgrade. So there's a few profiles and files
that are orphaned (since you can't set the SID of an account) but it's
not a huge deal.

M.

--
Michael Brown               | `One of the main causes of the fall of
Systems Consultant          | the Roman Empire was that, lacking zero,