[Samba] Samba 4 AD [homes] Share

Chan Min Wai dcmwai at gmail.com
Thu Jan 16 07:58:53 MST 2014

Dear All,

I've try a few week and found that.
This basic config work...

[homes] valid users = %S
read only = No
browseable = No

But problem might try the following in your shell
getent password
If you don't see your user and home dir there. Than you have a problem on the Linux part.

They need to know the home dir
You might follow the guide below to configure winbind and etc.

I've a guide on the link below
http://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Samba4_Migrating/HOWTO
Look at the FAQ Q2

Thank you.