[Samba] ACL problem. Maps to user instead of group

Lars Maes l.maes at mosadex.nl
Thu Jan 16 03:19:52 MST 2014

Hi,

I’m having some weird issue with setting an acl on my samba 3.6.20 server.

Look  at the picture below

This is the acl i set on a folder with my windows 7 workstation

When i review the acl on linux with te getfacl command i get:

# file: Test

# owner: lars

# group: domain\040users

user::rwx

user:administrator:rwx

user:10512:rwx

group::---

mask::rwx

other::---

default:user::rwx

default:user:administrator:rwx

default:user:10512:rwx

default:group::---

default:mask::rwx

default:other::---

Look at the user:10512:rwx line. It should say group:domain\040admins:rwx.

The 10512 is the group numbe of “Domain Admins” viewed with getent group. Why is it setting a user acl instead of a group acl. What can i do to debug this?