[Samba] Samba4 implementation

Moisés Barba Pérez mbarperoi at gmail.com
Wed Jan 15 06:09:16 MST 2014

Hi,

I would like to ask you for your samba4 implementations. As we are thinking
to install samba4 we would like to know if somebody has a similar structure
and load, and know about the performance.

We have about 22 centers with 2 samba4 servers for domain, ldap and dns.
Each center must serve about 5k domain clients with 5k workstations and
servers in the center. The number of domain clients could be increased to
15k. The samba4 configuration has to be replicated in all the centers.

Besides the domain logons and the dns queries, we also have serveral
applications that pull the ldap for sinchronize data and/or access control.
The traffic for replications, sinchronization, logons, searches, access
control, etc, is high, so the load in the servers is as high as the traffic.

Has anybody such a scenario? Which could be the hardware specifications
needed for the samba4 servers? Any suggestions are welcome.

Regards,
Moses.