[Samba] Samba 4 and Debian

Sven Schwedas sven.schwedas at tao.at
Wed Jan 15 05:32:36 MST 2014

Backports have 4.1.3:
> http://packages.debian.org/wheezy-backports/samba

Which seems to be the same version as sid, and should save me the effort
of recompiling (I'll need to run it on 20+ machines, so not compiling
stuff myself for every new release is a bonus :-) ).

Regarding sssd, how useful is it? We need credential caching (laptop
deployments), and as far as I can see this is only provided by
pam_winbind anyway?
(And pam_ccreds, but its reliability isn't good enough in my experience.)