[Samba] If people want, this is how: samba 4.1.3 and sssd 1.11.3 for debian wheezy

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Mon Jan 13 01:04:08 MST 2014

Peter,

sernet AND sssd 1.11.3 does not work, at least not on wheezy and ubuntu.
And this isn't much hassle to make it work.
I prefer the adviced version of sssd, Steve and Rowland, on the list have
good expericance with it, they can tell you exacly why you need to have 1.11.3

but Look here, this is when i want to install sssd-ad from ubuntu precies ppa.
on my last ubuntu server 12.04.3 lts.

apt-get install sssd-ad

or been moved out of Incoming.

 sssd-ad : Depends: libndr-standard0 but it is not going to be installed
           Depends: libndr0 but it is not going to be installed
           Depends: sssd-ad-common (= 1.11.1-0ubuntu1~precise1) but it is not going to be installed
 sssd-ipa : Depends: libndr-standard0 but it is not going to be installed
            Depends: libndr0 but it is not going to be installed
            Depends: sssd-ad-common (= 1.11.1-0ubuntu1~precise1) but it is not going to be installed

on wheezy :

sssd-ad : Depends: libndr-standard0

libndr-standard0 is a dependcy of samba4 ( 4.0.0.8BETA ) in debian, and this is where is goes wrong if your using sernet-samba.
( ubuntu gets it packages from debian testing/sid )

I just gave poeple the option to choose, and i did show how and this recompile isnt hard, its what you preffer.

But you tell me how i can use Kerberos Tickets with sssd 1.8.4 as you suggested.
I myself dont use sssd ;-) , i dont need it. (yet)

i dont mix windows and linux users on my server. a windows user only logs on into windows.
and a linux user only windows, and yes they can logon on both, but i restricted that.

Greetz,

Louis