[Samba] Samba 4.1.3 and MS-CLIENT 3

Günter Kukkukk linux at kukkukk.com
Thu Jan 9 17:54:55 MST 2014

Am 02.01.2014 13:32, schrieb Uwe Nass:
> Hi all,
>
>  I have the following problem: I installed Samba 4.1.3
> on my Linux computer. I tested everything via smbclient
> and it works. If I connect my MS-DOS Client 3 to this
> server strange things happens. Using
>
>        net use h: \\<sambaserver>\<username>
>
> I get the correct (?) answer
>
>        H: connected to \\<sambaserver>\<username>
>
> But using "H: dir" I get the first line of this directory
> and it is displayed continually. I can stop this, of course,
> by ^C. Trying to copy a file from dos to H: gives
>
>        Access denied (?) (German: "Zugriff verweigert")
>
> what's wrong? My smb.conf file (without the printing stuff) is:
>
> [global]
>         workgroup = ASTRO
> #      interfaces = 127.0.0.1
>         lanman auth = Yes
>         security = user
>         passdb backend = tdbsam
>         printing = cups
>         printcap name = cups
>         printcap cache time = 750
>         cups options = raw
>         map to guest = Bad User
> #      include = /etc/samba/dhcp.conf
>         logon path = \\%L\profiles\.msprofile
>         logon home = \\%L\%U\.9xprofile
>         logon drive = P:
>         usershare allow guests = No
>         wins server =
>         wins support = No
> [homes]
>         comment = Home Directories
>         path = /home
>         valid users = %S, %D%w%S
>         browseable = No
>         read only = No
>         inherit acls = Yes
>         veto files = /aquota.user/groups/shares/
>         create mask = 0640
>         directory mask = 0750
> [profiles]
>         comment = Network Profiles Service
>         path = %H
>         read only = No
>         store dos attributes = Yes
>         create mask = 0600
>         directory mask = 0700
> [users]
>         comment = All users
>         path = /home
>         read only = No
>         inherit acls = Yes
>         veto files = /aquota.user/groups/shares/
> [groups]
>         comment = All groups
>         path = /home/groups
>         read only = No
>         inherit acls = Yes
>
> I think something is missing, but what?
>
> Any help appreciated!
>
> Greetings and a happy New Year,
>
> Uwe.

can you confirm that your samba server is running 64Bit?

Months ago a similar behavior was seen, but only on 64Bit systems.
When running the _same_ samba version on 32Bit, this bug was not seen.

AFAIR, Jeremy fixed this one - was related to legacy SMBsearch (0x81) request.

I'll have a look, could be a regression...

Cheers, Günter