[Samba] Unable to join the domain, problem with DNS records
luka.goltnik at mave.si
Thu Jan 9 04:03:44 MST 2014
On Thu, Jan 9, 2014 at 11:47 AM, Rowland Penny
<rowlandpenny at googlemail.com>wrote:
> On 09/01/14 10:31, Luka Goltnik wrote:
> Rowland hello,
> o.m.s was just my attempt to try and shorten the whole thing o stands
> for office m stands for mave and s stands for si.
> So, lets be clear here, where you have posted o.m.s, we should read
> office.mave.si ??
Yes, that is correct
> When you attempt to join from a windows 7 client, just what are you
> entering as the realm/workgroup ??
I'm entering OFFICE.MAVE.SI
Entering just MAVE.SI gives me a completely different error:
An error occurred when DNS was queried for the service location (SRV)
resource record used to locate an Active Directory Domain Controller (AD
DC) for domain "MAVE.SI".
The error was: "No records found for given DNS query."
(error code 0x0000251D DNS_INFO_NO_RECORDS)
The query was for the SRV record for _ldap._tcp.dc._msdcs.MAVE.SI
Which kind of makes sense, since I get this answer from my server:
# host -t SRV _ldap._tcp.dc._msdcs.MAVE.SI
_ldap._tcp.dc._msdcs.MAVE.SI has no SRV record
As for files, here they are:
> # Global parameters
> workgroup = MAVE.SI
> I have a feeling that you cannot use a dot in the workgroup name, i.e.
> MAVE_SI would be ok, but MAVE.SI as you have it wouldn't.
I can just change it to MAVE in case that that's the problem. The only
question is, do I have to go through the whole initialization of samba all
> Try changing the above file to this: (the default samba4 one)
> default_realm = OFFICE.MAVE.SI
> dns_lookup_realm = false
> dns_lookup_kdc = true
Did that and it Kerberos still works, if I try testing it with kinit and
> # /etc/hosts: Local Host Database
> # This file describes a number of aliases-to-address mappings for the for
> # local hosts that share this file.
> # In the presence of the domain name service or NIS, this file may not be
> # consulted at all; see /etc/host.conf for the resolution order.
> # IPv4 and IPv6 localhost aliases
> 127.0.0.1 localhost
> ::1 localhost
> 127.0.0.1 office
> 127.0.0.1 office.mave.si
> 192.168.1.16 office.mave.si office
> Hmm, the 127.0.0.1 line should probably be just '127.0.0.1 office'
I removed the other one now.
> cat /etc/resolv.conf
> # Generated by net-scripts for interface lo
> domain mave.si
> And here is probably your main problem, it is not pointing to your
> samba dns server, it should be:
> search mave.si
> domain <http://mave.si>mave.si
> nameserver 127.0.0.1
And did this as well.
But I still have the same problem joining client to domain as I did before.
More information about the samba