[Samba] Unable to join the domain, problem with DNS records

Luka Goltnik luka.goltnik at mave.si
Thu Jan 9 03:31:33 MST 2014

Rowland hello,

o.m.s was just my attempt to try and shorten the whole thing o stands for
office m stands for mave and s stands for si.
As for files, here they are:

 /etc/samba/smb.conf
# Global parameters
[global]
        workgroup = MAVE.SI
        realm = OFFICE.MAVE.SI
        netbios name = OFFICE
        dns forwarder = 193.2.1.66
        idmap_ldb:use rfc2307 = yes
        server services = smb,dns,kdc
        local master = yes
        preferred master = yes

[netlogon]
        path = /var/lib/samba/sysvol/office.mave.si/scripts
        read only = No

[sysvol]
        path = /var/lib/samba/sysvol
        read only = No

------
 /etc/krb5.conf
[libdefaults]
        default_realm = OFFICE.MAVE.SI
        dns_lookup_realm = false
        dns_lookup_kdc = true
        ticket_lifetime = 24h
        forwardable = yes

[kdc]
        check-ticket-addresses = false

[realms]
        OFFICE.MAVE.SI = {
                kdc = office.mave.si:88
                admin_server = office.mave.si:749
                default_domain = office.mave.si
        }

[default_realm]
        .office.mave.si = OFFICE.MAVE.SI
        office.mave.si = OFFICE.MAVE.SI

[logging]
        default = FILE:/var/log/krb5/libs.log
        kdc = FILE:/var/log/krb5/kdc.log
        admin_server = FILE:/var/log/krb5/admin.log

----
/etc/hosts
# /etc/hosts: Local Host Database
#
# This file describes a number of aliases-to-address mappings for the for
# local hosts that share this file.
#
# In the presence of the domain name service or NIS, this file may not be
# consulted at all; see /etc/host.conf for the resolution order.
#

# IPv4 and IPv6 localhost aliases
127.0.0.1       localhost
::1             localhost
127.0.0.1       office
127.0.0.1       office.mave.si

192.168.1.16    office.mave.si  office

----
cat /etc/resolv.conf
# Generated by net-scripts for interface lo
domain mave.si

Regards,
Luka

--