[Samba] Unable to join the domain, problem with DNS records

Werthmuller, Derek dwerthmu at ctg.albany.edu
Wed Jan 8 15:28:30 MST 2014

Assuming that O.M.S is the full name of the domain.
Try running this command on the samba server to verify that clients will be able to find the DC via DNS.
#host -t SRV _ldap._tcp.dc._msdcs.O.M.S
The results should return the IP and name of the DC.

1) verify that the server isn't blocking the DNS port (53)
2) Make sure that the windows client has its DNS server set to the IP address of your DC.
3) Make sure that on the windows system in the name of the domain you are trying to become a member of is O.M.S  not just O.

Hope this helps.

Cheers
	Derek