[Samba] Samba4 AD/DC Replication

Marc Muehlfeld samba at marc-muehlfeld.de
Mon Jan 6 08:58:02 MST 2014

Hello Ezequiel,

Am 06.01.2014 16:43, schrieb Ezequiel Celiz:
> I'm having some trouble replicating a domain.
> I followed the steps in this guide:
> https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Samba4/HOWTO/Join_a_domain_as_a_DC
>
> I followed the steps and everything worked fine for me.
>
> but...
>
> If I make changes on the PDC, these changes are replicated to the Secondary
> DC, but if I make changes to the Secondary, these are not seen in the PDC.
>
> Is there any way to make it two-way?

https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/SysVol_Replication#Information_on_rsync-based_replication

...This means, files can only be transfered in one direction. That's why
for rsync-based SysVol replicaton, you have to choose one DC, on which
you do all modifications (GPO edits, logon script changes, etc.). And
all other DCs are retrieving the changes from this host, because
modifications on them are overwritten when syncing....

https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/SysVol_Replication#FAQ

Regards,
Marc