[Samba] What in samba 4.1 prevents a '/' share?

David C. Rankin drankinatty at suddenlinkmail.com
Sun Jan 5 18:19:37 MST 2014

On 01/02/2014 03:06 AM, L.P.H. van Belle wrote:
> You did create the user david on that server and did smbpasswd -a and smbpasswd -e ??
>   -a                   add user
>   -e                   enable user
>
> ;-)  just a question..

Louis

  Checking bash_history I did "smbpasswd -a david". I know that samba should use
pam, but for some reason smbclient would not show shares until I added the smb
user explicitly (If I recall correctly...)

  I think you may have found the issue with /proc/fs/cifs/SecurityFlags. I'll
respond to your other post on that issue to preserve threading..

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.