[Samba] What in samba 4.1 prevents a '/' share?

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Thu Jan 2 02:06:00 MST 2014

Hai,

I dont see where this is going wrong.

The only thing i see whats a bit odd:

Password for david@//phoinix/config:
                 ^^^

Can you try the authenticate with this line.
sudo mount -t cifs //phoinix/config /mnt/phx-cfg -o username="david",sec=ntlmv2

and you can try to change the share to this:

        read list = david
        write list = david
        valid users = david
        force user = root
        force group = root

if that doesnt work, then im out of options.
i cant reproduce the error your having.

and just a small question.

You did create the user david on that server and did smbpasswd -a and smbpasswd -e ??
  -a                   add user
  -e                   enable user

;-)  just a question..

Louis