[Samba] Samba4 acting as standalone server, smb.conf parameters and run daemons !

Rowland Penny rowlandpenny at googlemail.com
Fri Feb 28 14:44:10 MST 2014

On 28/02/14 20:46, Computer service SPb. wrote:
> I don' t want to folllow to MS slogan using *nix soft: for each role is
> a separate server, that is for DC - 1 server, for DNS - other 1 server, for
> route/gate - one more 1 server, and so on.
> By the way I use ubuntu 12.04 LTS.

I use Ubuntu 12.04 LTS, my AD server is also my dns server AND my dhcp
server, so I know where you are coming from.

Follow the link I posted and try and understand it, it was pointed out
to me that I should not run nmbd & samba together by the same person
that is now telling you not to do it - Andrew Bartlett, I do not
understand why you will not believe what a major samba dev is telling
you. I do not fully understand why the two daemons should not be run
together, but I do believe that Andrew knows what he is talking about.

Rowland