[Samba] Samba4 acting as standalone server, smb.conf parameters and run daemons !

Joe Maloney jmaloney at pcbsd.org
Fri Feb 28 13:39:53 MST 2014

I think this is maybe the explanation Rowland was talking about from Andrew?

https://lists.samba.org/archive/samba-technical/2012-August/086060.html

It would make sense for a business environment not to run the samba DC &
file server roles on the same server as previously explained when I asked.
If the only function of the DC is to serve sysvol and netlogon then network
browsing really wouldn't be needed in my opinion as the member server with
the actual file shares would be browse-able am I right?

Joe Maloney