[Samba] Samba4 acting as standalone server, smb.conf parameters and run daemons !

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Fri Feb 28 12:08:03 MST 2014

On Fri, 2014-02-28 at 20:14 +0400, Computer service SPb. wrote:
> Rowland, you are not right. I started and start nmbd daemon with samba
> daemon.
> But I don' t know requirements for server services as for started daemons
> for standalone server.

We have code to assist our administrators to run the right daemons while
we have this split mode of operation.  You may well be able to start
'samba' as a standalone server, but it will exit on startup.  Likewise,
when running 'nmbd' on an AD DC, this will also exit.

Please don't be confused by the 'server services' setting, this is not
relevant for a standalone server.

Andrew Bartlett