[Samba] Samba Join as DC failed

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Fri Feb 28 02:10:13 MST 2014

On Fri, 2014-02-28 at 09:39 +0100, Daniel von Obernitz wrote:
> Hi Andrew,
>
> I try to join a samba 4.1.4 (Debian Sernet package) as a DC into an
> existing Windows 2008 RC2 AD as well and get a similar error message:
>

> Do you have any idea, what is causing this?
> Thanks.
> Daniel

The attached patch should fix it.  I don't understand how an object
becomes isRecycled but not isDeleted however, or how that doesn't cause
us to just skip out of this function.

Anyway, with the usual cautions about development patches, you could
give this a try if this is a test network (or you can reproduce against
such a test network).  It is against GIT master.

Can you also get me a copy of the failing object searching directly
against your Windows 2008 R2 server?  That will help me understand if
the isDeleted/isRecycled is a local thing caused during the join, or if
that is just how it is on Windows.

Thanks!

Andrew Bartlett