[Samba] allow insecure wide links issue

avhjr art at nei.nih.gov
Wed Feb 26 23:37:30 MST 2014

On RHEL 6.5 (using samba 3.6.9-167) it seems to recognize 'allow insecure
wide links' as a valid parameter but ignore it.  When it is set to yes the
log file still shows the error that both 'unix extensions' and 'wide links'
are set and therefore 'wide links' is disabled.

Another issue if anyone has seen- when we updated our Macs to 10.9 (which
uses SMB2 now) we started to have problems with matlab reading and writing
files from our RHEL 6.5(ext4) servers.  matlab would report it's own errors
from the 'load' and 'save' commands such as unable to read or file may be
corrupt.

We found we could remedy this by not defining 'unix extensions = no'.  This
seems peculiar.

Art Hays
NIH
art at nei.nih.gov