[Samba] allow insecure wide links

Hays, Arthur (NIH/NEI) [E] art at lsr.nei.nih.gov
Wed Feb 26 10:25:48 MST 2014

Does the 'allow insecure wide links' parameter work in the Samba in RHEL 6.5 (which is 3.6.9-167.el6_5)?

I need 'unix extensions' to be yes and also follow wide links.  So I set 'allow insecure wide links' but it doesn't seem to work.

By the way (and this may be a known issue that's been resolved in later releases) after we upgraded our Macs to 10.9 (which rolled out the SMB2 client) we started to get file corruption using matlab on the Macs sharing from RHEL 6.5/ext4.  We found that this was caused by 'unix extensions = no'.