[Samba] Missing catalog by creating new user

Olivier Weinstoerffer olivier.weinstoerffer at adhoc-international.com
Thu Feb 6 07:05:35 MST 2014

Hi,

I'm actually evaluating samba 4 to replace my AD domain. I managed to
install a first ad controller. The I installed a second one which
synchronize to the first one. Everything goes well.
I wanted to test what happens if one controler is down. I stopped the first
one and tried to create a new user on the second one. I got an error
message explaining that the global catalog cannot be contacted and the
unicity of the username cannot be verified.
On the second ad, samba is listening on the global catalog port.

What can be wrong?

thanks
Olivier