[Samba] samba4 ADS no logon servers

Denis Cardon denis.cardon at tranquil-it-systems.fr
Thu Feb 27 11:43:01 MST 2014

Hi Lars,

> I set up a samba4 test server on Debian Wheezy using the packages from
> sernet. Basically it seems working. I tried the tests from the HowTo in
> the samba wiki and could not find anything wrong. It seems to resolve
> all DNS names, I can kinit Administrator, getent passwd has the samba
> specific stuff, ... But as soon as I want to work with the ADS,
> apparently nothing works at all.
>
> root at nfs4:~# net ads info
> ads_connect: No logon servers
> ads_connect: No logon servers
> Didn't find the ldap server!
> root at nfs4:~# host -t SRV _ldap._tcp.mgr
> _ldap._tcp.mgr has SRV record 0 100 389 nfs4.mgr.

is this a typo or is "mgr" the real dns suffix? Single label DNS name
are really not recommanded.  Could you please first try to reprovision
with a standard domain name with a .local, .loc or .lan at the end?

After that, check in your /etc/hosts that the machine name nfs4.mgr.loc
does not maps to 127.0.0.1, make it point to your eth0 address, with
FQDN name first and short name second.

Hope this helps,

Denis

--