[Samba] Windows 8.1 64-bit printer sharing issue

Philipp v. Thunen phil_lists at pvth.de
Thu Feb 27 10:24:04 MST 2014

Hi,

having seen this error on some (but not all) of my Win8.1 64-bit
machines, it helped to set the following reg key on the client [1]:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows NT\Printers]
"ForceCSREMFDespooling"=dword:00000000

Alternatively, set the policy "Always render print jobs on the server"
to "Disabled" via GPO to avoid touching the registry on every client.
Both worked fine for me, hope it helps for you, too.

Regards
Philipp

[1] Credits to
http://blog.realcomputerguy.com/2013/06/fix-error-0x000006d1-using-level-3.html