[Samba] issue with allow insecure wide links

Hays, Arthur (NIH/NEI) [E] art at lsr.nei.nih.gov
Thu Feb 27 10:22:54 MST 2014

First please forgive me if this appears more than once.  I've been having a hard time trying to post to the group the first time.

On RHEL 6.5 (using samba 3.6.9-167) it seems to recognize 'allow insecure wide links' as a valid parameter but ignore it.  When it is set to yes the log file still shows the error that both 'unix extensions' and 'wide links' are set and therefore 'wide links' is disabled.

Does anyone know how I could really set this parameter?

Thanks,
Art Hays
NIH
art at lsr.nei.nih.gov