[Samba] GPO's in OU's not working

Ricky Nance ricky.nance at gmail.com
Thu Feb 27 08:04:04 MST 2014

There are a couple of things to check. First I'd do (from a windows command
prompt) "gpresult /h out.html && start out.html" (without the " marks), to
see if the computer is seeing that is should be in a certain OU. Next on
the samba box do a samba-tool ntacl sysvolreset (I think that is the right
command I don't have a samba box here at work to check on, someone correct
me if its not), this will reset all the ACL's on sysvol to default, which
should in turn let your clients work as expected. Also it wouldn't hurt to
check on the windows box and make sure you have the correct DNS servers set
(they need to be set to your AD DC ip).