[Samba] print settings registry

Mark Jas mark at nieuwenborg.nl
Wed Feb 26 10:33:06 MST 2014

Hello,

I’m using samba 4.1.4 as a print server.

Some printer drivers (ie HP color laserjet cm6030) use the server registry to save some default print setting.

On a windows print server these settings are saved in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Print\Printers\<printername>\HPPresetRoot

On a samba server I can’t create that key. (And I suppose that’s also why the settings aren’t saved)

When I try to change the settings via regedit.exe logged in as administrator on a windows client, I get “an error has occured”.

When I use “net rpc registry import” I get createkey failed: WERR_NOT_SUPPORTED

Does anyone know how to solve the issue?

Thanks,

Mark