[Samba] URGENT: big problem with displayName.

Stéphane PURNELLE stephane.purnelle at corman.be
Wed Feb 26 03:24:05 MST 2014

dbcheck detect the problem :

/usr/local/samba/bin/samba-tool dbcheck
Checking 1229 objects
convert_string_talloc: Conversion error: Illegal multibyte sequence(�ois
Laschet)
Conversion error: Illegal multibyte sequence(�ois Laschet)
ERROR(runtime): uncaught exception - (31, 'WERR_GENERAL_FAILURE')
  File
"/usr/local/samba/lib/python2.6/site-packages/samba/netcmd/__init__.py",
line 175, in _run
    return self.run(*args, **kwargs)
  File
"/usr/local/samba/lib/python2.6/site-packages/samba/netcmd/dbcheck.py",
line 136, in run
    controls=controls, attrs=attrs)
  File "/usr/local/samba/lib/python2.6/site-packages/samba/dbchecker.py",
line 128, in check_database
    error_count += self.check_object(object.dn, attrs=attrs)
  File "/usr/local/samba/lib/python2.6/site-packages/samba/dbchecker.py",
line 1101, in check_object
    normalised = self.samdb.dsdb_normalise_attributes(self.samdb_schema,
attrname, [val])
  File "/usr/local/samba/lib/python2.6/site-packages/samba/samdb.py", line
647, in dsdb_normalise_attributes
    return dsdb._dsdb_normalise_attributes(ldb, ldap_display_name,
ldif_elements)

unix charset was ISO-8859-15

For permit user to work, we created new user.
Now, how to clean theses bad users ?

thx

        Stéphane Purnelle

-----------------------------------
Stéphane PURNELLE                         Admin. Systèmes et Réseaux
Service Informatique       Corman S.A.           Tel : 00 32 (0)87/342467

Andrew Bartlett <abartlet at samba.org> wrote on 26/02/2014 01:44:39:

> De : Andrew Bartlett <abartlet at samba.org>
> A : Stéphane PURNELLE <stephane.purnelle at corman.be>,
> Cc : samba at lists.samba.org
> Date : 26/02/2014 01:54
> Objet : Re: [Samba] URGENT: big problem with displayName.
>
> On Mon, 2014-02-24 at 14:21 +0100, Stéphane PURNELLE wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Sorry for my urgent request, but we have a problem with user who have
> > strange displayname
> >
> > Yesterday (23/02/2014), we do a classic-upgrade from a ldap tree to a
DC

http://catalyst.net.nz/services/samba