[Samba] Samba4 AD and Zimbra LDAP server

Lorenzo Faleschini lorenzo.faleschini at nordestsystems.com
Wed Feb 26 01:59:04 MST 2014

Here are my notes on how to set up auto provision of accounts from
Samba4 LDAP (tested on Samba 4.1.4 and Zimbra 8.0.6 both on CentOS 6.5)
it's working like a charm (a little bug for auto provision is fixed with
a workaround, working good on small domains)

cheers

$ su zimbra

$ zmprov

md your.domain.com zimbraAutoProvAccountNameMap samAccountName

md your.domain.com zimbraAutoProvBatchSize 250

md your.domain.com zimbraAutoProvLdapAdminBindDn
"cn=administrator,cn=users,dc=your,dc=domain,dc=com

md your.domain.com zimbraAutoProvLdapAdminBindPassword
"YourAdministratorPassword"

md your.domain.com zimbraAutoProvLdapBindDn "%u@%d"

md your.domain.com zimbraAutoProvLdapSearchBase "dc=your,dc=domain,dc=com"

md your.domain.com zimbraAutoProvLdapSearchFilter "(&(objectClass=user))"

md your.domain.com zimbraAutoProvLdapURL
"ldap://yoursambaserver.your.domain.com:389";

md your.domain.com zimbraAutoProvMode EAGER

ms zimbra.your.domain.com zimbraAutoProvScheduledDomains your.domain.com

ms zimbra.your.domain.com zimbraAutoProvPollingInterval: 15m

$ zmprov gd your.domain.com | grep AutoProv

zimbraAutoProvAccountNameMap: samAccountName
zimbraAutoProvBatchSize: 250
zimbraAutoProvLastPolledTimestamp: 20130717173313Z
zimbraAutoProvLdapAdminBindDn:
cn=administrator,cn=users,dc=your,dc=domain,dc=com
zimbraAutoProvLdapAdminBindPassword: YourAdministratorPassword
zimbraAutoProvLdapBindDn: %u@%d
zimbraAutoProvLdapSearchBase: dc=your,dc=domain,dc=com
zimbraAutoProvLdapSearchFilter: (&(objectClass=user))
zimbraAutoProvLdapURL: ldap://yoursambaserver.your.domain.com:389
zimbraAutoProvMode: EAGER
zimbraAutoProvNotificationBody: Your account has been auto provisioned.
Your email address is ${ACCOUNT_ADDRESS}.
zimbraAutoProvNotificationSubject: New account auto provisioned

$ zmprov gs zimbra.your.domain.com | grep AutoProv

zimbraAutoProvPollingInterval: 15m
zimbraAutoProvScheduledDomains: your.domain.com

$ cat /opt/zimbra/log/mailbox.log | grep AutoProv

to add in crontab after #ZIMBRAEND

# BUG 82789 WORKAROUND
*/15 * * * * /opt/zimbra/bin/zmprov md your.domain.com
zimbraAutoProvLastPolledTimestamp "" > /dev/null 2>&1

FIELD MAPPING
zimbraAutoProvAttrMap {external attribute}={zimbra attribute}
IMPORTANT: Invalid mapping configuration will cause the account creating
to fail. To map the “sn” value on the external entry to “displayName” on
the Zimbra account and map description value on the external entry to
description on the ZCS account, type
zmprov md <domain.com> zimbraAutoProvAttrMap sn=displayName
http://wiki.zimbra.com/wiki/Zimbra_Attributes_ZCS8

http://www.computerperformance.co.uk/Logon/LDAP_attributes_active_directory.htm

zmprov md your.domain.com zimbraAutoProvAttrMap givenName=givenName
+zimbraAutoProvAttrMap sn=sn +zimbraAutoProvAttrMap displayName=displayName

LDAP GAL SYNC

http://wiki.zimbra.com/wiki/GAL_Sync_Account

DYNAMIC DISTRIBUTION LISTS

http://kb.vmware.com/selfservice/microsites/search.do?language=en_US&cmd=displayKC&externalId=2038098

__Lorenzo Faleschini_____IT Manager @___
m: +39 335 6055225 | skype: falegalizeit