[Samba] URGENT: big problem with displayName.

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Tue Feb 25 17:44:39 MST 2014

On Mon, 2014-02-24 at 14:21 +0100, Stéphane PURNELLE wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Sorry for my urgent request, but we have a problem with user who have
> strange displayname
>
> Yesterday (23/02/2014), we do a classic-upgrade from a ldap tree to a DC
> server.
> But user with accent have bad displayName and maybe cause problem when
> user try to connect to her computer.
>
> I'm unable to change displayName by ADUC, ldbmodify or ldbedit.
>
> GENSEC backend 'gssapi_spnego' registered
> GENSEC backend 'gssapi_krb5' registered
> GENSEC backend 'gssapi_krb5_sasl' registered
> GENSEC backend 'sasl-DIGEST-MD5' registered
> GENSEC backend 'schannel' registered
> GENSEC backend 'spnego' registered
> GENSEC backend 'ntlmssp' registered
> GENSEC backend 'krb5' registered
> GENSEC backend 'fake_gssapi_krb5' registered
> ldb_handler_fold: unable to casefold string [Magasin g�n�ral C2]
> failed to modify CN=storec2,CN=Users,DC=cormandom,DC=int-corman,DC=be -
> Failed to create index key for attribute 'displayName':Unknown erro
>

> How can I correct this ?

Somehow the user got added despite not being UTF8.  Was 'unix charset'
set to something other than UTF8 during the classicupgrade import?

I would like to understand how the corruption happened, so we can
prevent it happening again.  Does dbcheck show an issue here (if not, we
may wish to add a test).

Andrew Bartlett

--
Andrew Bartlett