[Samba] Need help regarding samba issue

Marc Muehlfeld samba at marc-muehlfeld.de
Tue Feb 25 15:59:53 MST 2014

Hello Imtiaz,

Am 11.02.2014 06:51, schrieb Imtiaz Rahman:
> 1.       GPO specially UAC (User Access Control). Is this GPO is supported
> by SAMBA4. If yes I want to know how? (I have a windows pc from where I
> managed the domain.)

I'm not sure, if I understand what you are looking for. Do you mean if
it's possible to control the UAC on workstations through group policies
in a Samba AD? Something like
http://www.petri.co.il/disable-uac-in-windows-7.htm ? I think, this
should work. But simply try it. :-)

> 2.       I add another server as a member server in the domain but it's not
> synchronized.  How can I synchronized this two server?

DC are replicating the directory content between each DC. But shared
folders content is not replicated by Samba.

Please be a bit more specific, what you are expecting when you say
"...added another member server, but it's not syncronized...".

> Looking for your help and if  there is any support mail or something like
> that I will be glad if you provide me the address.

For general help about Samba, the best place would be the Samba mailing
list (not the samba-techical list you used. This one is for development
and internals).