[Samba] Problems building FreeBSD file server

Klaus Hartnegg hartnegg at gmx.de
Tue Feb 25 14:29:45 MST 2014

On 25.02.2014 21:48, Doug Meredith wrote:
> I have an existing AD domain (two Samba 4.1.4 DCs running on Debian) and

> Building from source isn't out of
> the question, but I'd prefer not to if I don't have to.

I resisted building from source for a long time, but finally gave in,
and now it seems to work. For some magic reason whenever samba4 is
packaged by a distributor, it acts up. Compile it yourself, and it
works. Have seen this mentioned here several times, and now experienced
it myself, so I start to believe it. Only complete systems like Sernet
and FreeNAS also simply work out of the box.