[Samba] Classicupgrade loses shares ?

Denis Cardon denis.cardon at tranquil-it-systems.fr
Mon Feb 24 06:39:37 MST 2014

Hi Koenraad,

> I'm trying to do a classicupgrade of my old samba3-server (using tdb).
> The upgrade tool seems to run fine, I see no errors. But the resulting
> smb.conf does not contain shares. The original had several. Is this
> expected ? Or is this implying some error somewhere.

yes it is expected, I don't remember ever having classicupgrade creating
anything other than the NETLOGON and SYSVOL shares. It is not so hard to
just copy back the few lines, and moreover the best practices advise to
separate the file server and DC.

> Testing gives :
> smbclient -L localhost -U%
> session setup failed : NT_STATUS_INVALID_NETWORK_RESPONSE

could you check with kinit, wbinfo and netstat that everything is
runnign properly?

Cheers,

Denis

--