[Samba] SMB 3.0 Support in Samba 4.1

Denis Cardon denis.cardon at tranquil-it-systems.fr
Mon Feb 24 01:17:08 MST 2014

Hi Prashanth,

> I am trying to find if samba 4.1 can be setup as SMB 3.0 server.  It is
> not very clear from the release notes and other docs about this.  I see
> references to SMB 3.0 client support  but not related to server.
>
> Can samba 4.1 server export SMB 3.0?

I think there is only a partial support of SMB3 in samba4. There is a
document on samba wiki with an update on SMB2/2.1/3 support [1]. The
document relates to samba3, but I think it should be similar to the
support in samba4 since the smbd part is shared.

I tried to implement windows 2012 roaming disk profile last month, which
required SMB3 support, and it didn't work out with the latest 4.1 serie.

Cheers,

Denis

[1] https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Samba3/SMB2

--