[Samba] Problem Joining a ubuntu 12.04+samba to a W2k DC

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Fri Feb 21 08:14:21 MST 2014

Hai,

Why are you using an IP blok which is reserved.
I suggest you first change to a private range and not a public range or do you own this range..
This is asking for problems..

I suggest, you try with this:

1) check time on both servers, and set te same.
2) The realm must be in uppercase or you will get a
	“Cannot find KDC for requested realm while getting initial credentials” error (Kerberos is case-sensitive!).
but i see all CAPS in your config, but not with the join.

join with :  ( this is a join as DC, but look at this and what you typed.

sudo samba-tool domain join FAMILY.LOCAL DC -Uadministrator --realm=FAMILY.LOCAL

change in your hosts file :
127.0.0.1 CHILD-SERVER CHILD-SERVER.FAMILY.LOCAL localhost
127.0.0.1 localhost localhost.localdomain localhost.FAMILY.LOCAL

and you can try, below, but should not be needed.
krb5.conf
[libdefaults]
         default_realm = FAMILY.LOCAL
         ticket_lifetime = 24000
         clock_skew = 300
	   default_etypes     = des-cbc-crc des-cbc-md5
	   default_etypes_des = des-cbc-crc des-cbc-md5

Louis