[Samba] sssd + samba4 not working (yet)

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Wed Feb 19 07:58:49 MST 2014

then you done need sssd in my opinion.

If its a single box, just install samba 4 as DC and done.
setup the template shell and home in smb.conf its sufficient i think.
it is adviced to have a seperated DC, but for just home.. :-/ why not.

for example add to smb.conf :
template shell= /bin/bash
template homedir = /home/%WORKGROUP%/%ACCOUNTNAME%