[Samba] sssd + samba4 not working (yet)

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Wed Feb 19 05:33:00 MST 2014

google for : "If people want, this is how:  samba 4.1.3 and sssd 1.11.3 for debian wheezy"
and here you go:
https://lists.samba.org/archive/samba/2014-January/177934.html
outlined what you need.

The order of the file you install with dpkg -i must be correct. ( or setup a apt repo )
and you need samba-dev for sssd to compile, so first samba, and all samba depends.

I did it..  its do-able.
and tip samba 4.1.4 is hard to do, didnt work for me last time, so pik the source of 4.1.3 and start compileing

and if you ask nice i can put them online, but only for a short time.
I dont have the needed line atm for everybody.

I have the source and packages there if you want.  ( with needed depends )

 apt-cache policy sssd-ad
sssd-ad:
  Installed: 1.11.3-1
  Candidate: 1.11.3-1
  Version table:
 *** 1.11.3-1 0
        700 http://CENCORED/debian/wheezy/amd64/  Packages
        100 /var/lib/dpkg/status

apt-cache policy samba
samba:
  Installed: 2:4.1.3+dfsg-2
  Candidate: 2:4.1.3+dfsg-2
  Version table:
 *** 2:4.1.3+dfsg-2 0
        700 http://CENCORED/debian/wheezy/amd64/  Packages
        100 /var/lib/dpkg/status

and tip, if you start compiling, i advice to use your own compiles samba4 and not the backports.
this is because of needed depends for compiling.
you can try but i didnt test that mix

Best regards,

Louis