[Samba] trying to add DC to existing domain

Marc Muehlfeld samba at marc-muehlfeld.de
Sun Feb 16 02:46:09 MST 2014

Hello Andreas,

Am 16.02.2014 10:03, schrieb Andreas Oster:
> "getent hosts localhost" gives me the following output:
>
> ::1             localhost ip6-localhost ip6-loopback

Sorry, my fault. "getent ahosts localhost" should return both (IPv4/IPv6).

Have you ever tried to let smbclient connect to the IP instead of localhost?

Can you set
   log level = 10
in your smb.conf, start samba normal and have a look in your logs when
you try to connect? You should find the NT_STATUS_OBJECT_NAME_NOT_FOUND
in the logs then.

Regards,
Marc