[Samba] trying to add DC to existing domain

Andreas Oster aoster at novanetwork.de
Sun Feb 16 02:03:26 MST 2014

Am 16/02/14 00:21, schrieb Marc Muehlfeld:
> Hello Andreas,
>
> Am 15.02.2014 11:38, schrieb Andreas Oster:
>> I have now started samba with following command:
>>
>> /usr/local/samba/sbin/samba -i -M single -d10
>>
>> and tried to access sysvol and netlogon from the server CLI with
>> smbclient but there is no error message in the server console. What
>> seems a little odd is that there is no additional output at all when I
>> try to login via smbclient.
>
> Is anything written to the logfiles if you set the loglevel to 10 in
> your smb.conf?
>
> Can you
> # getent hosts localhost
> just to make sure, that it points to 127.0.0.1 and not to some other
> machine?
>

> Regards,
> Marc
Hello Marc,

"getent hosts localhost" gives me the following output:

::1             localhost ip6-localhost ip6-loopback

The file /etc/hosts contains the following:
127.0.0.1    localhost
127.0.1.1    novadc03

::1     localhost ip6-localhost ip6-loopback
ff02::1 ip6-allnodes
ff02::2 ip6-allrouters

Why doesn't it return the 127.0.0.1 ?

Thank you very much for your kind help