[Samba] Slow Samba transfer

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Fri Feb 14 01:46:49 MST 2014

Hai,

Im having the same setup here, and im able to get about 110MB/s+ so its a very low speed your getting.

i suggest the following, since im having almost nothing tunned in my smb.conf.
make a backup of your original smb.conf and start cleaning up.

remove all of these.
>    strict allocate = yes
>    read raw = yes
>    write raw = yes
>    strict locking = no
>    socket options = TCP_NODELAY IPTOS_LOWDELAY SO_RCVBUF=65536
>SO_SNDBUF=65536 SO_KEEPALIVE
>    min receivefile size = 16384
>    use sendfile = true
>    aio read size = 1
>    aio write size = 1
>;   vfs objects = aio_fork

Im using the default config.

Which XEN are you running, XEN Server, or Debian XEN and which version.
And type samba -V and post your output.

There where some problems with pci passthrough on Debian Xen.

If you type on the guest, ethtool eth0 ( of 1 depends on your interface )
whats the speed your seeing?
and, dont test with wifi (yet), start testing on the cable (utp) first.
When your speed is ok with cable you can start testing with the wifi.
Wifi tunning is lots different..

Louis