[Samba] Public Share on Samba with ADS security

David Bear dwbear75 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 13 20:55:02 MST 2014

you may want to consider doing things a little different. If you want an
anonymously readable share, why not instead create an smb.conf and use
'security = user', and 'guest ok' on the share. It may be that 'security =
ads' is doing something you want to avoid. I know I've created anonymous
shares with samba before so I know its possible, It just may be that it is
incompatible with ad domain style security. If you need ads security for
part of samba, then it should be possible to have 2 smb.conf files --
create a second 'alias' for your NIC, add a different ip address for it,
then create a samba instance that binds only to that interface. It should
permit you to have 2 different sambas on the same machine. Note that I have
never tried this -- but it seems to me theoretically possible.

David Bear
mobile: (602) 903-6476